Waterproof Android tablet or phone?
i***@nowhere.com
2016-04-05 17:36:38 UTC
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?
Peter Clinch
2016-04-18 08:53:23 UTC
Post by i***@nowhere.com
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?
Your call as to what constitutes "reasonable battery life", but there
are various recharge-batteries about you can take for a boost.

Some of the Sonys are properly waterproof with plugs for the, err,
plugs, but I read relatively fiddly and not cheap.

The 3rd generation Moto-G is allegedly reasonably waterproof, see
http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/is-moto-g-3rd-gen-really-waterproof-heres-what-you-can-and-cant-do/

Is the GPS decent? I've used the GPS on my 1st Gen Moto-G to locate
geochaches more easily than with an original Garmin eTrex, so good
enough for most purposes, and I imagine it's not got any worse two
versions later.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School
net ***@dundee.ac.uk http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/
Gwyn Dewey
2016-06-01 04:05:22 UTC
Post by i***@nowhere.com
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?
I agree with Peter you might look at a Sony m4 aqua, its 720p screen means that its battery life is longer than most as its a mid range phone with a modern battery. You could go for the newer m5 but this is higher price, 1080p lower battery life and a mediatek processor is known for GPS problems.

the m4 aqua was a hotukdeal for 70 from o2 as a clearance and o2 clearance are good 14 day return items. its gone now so wait for hotukdeals another.
If you cant wait pick one up cheaper off ebay.