The Centurion Way
j***@gmail.com
2016-06-01 13:34:58 UTC
Hi Bob (if you get this) I really fancy trying the Yorkshire Dales Twothousands, do you know if any information exists on it as a route anywhere?

Many Thanks

Regards

Jono
Did this walk a couple of times during the eighties. An absolute cracker! I
didn't have a guide book but used th two page outline of the route in "Long
Distance Walks - The Yorkshire Dales" published by Dalesman. This may also
be out of date but I can photocopy what I have if you want.
You could also try Penyghent Cafe. They run a badge and certification
service for the walk and may have info too.
Incidentely. I also did the Yorkshire Dales Twothousands walk which to my
mind is better than the centurian. It's longer 115mls against 100mls, has
more climbing 19,368 against 16000. Great way to tick off the twenty six
2000ft Yorkshire peaks.
Best regards, Bob
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply
Graham Seed
2016-06-01 17:38:42 UTC
Post by Gordon H
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)
Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)

Graham
Gordon H
2016-06-02 11:27:31 UTC
Post by Graham Seed
Post by Gordon H
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)
Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)
Graham
I remember those years, restricted paths in the Yorkshire Dales...

20 plus years ago I took my wife for a drive from East Mancs up to the
Snake pass, but it started raining, then it turned to snow, then it
became a white-out and I decided that we would not pass the summit, and
pulled over to stare into the white void. A Park Warden landrover was
parked a few yards away, and he fought through the blizzard and
anxiously warned us against walking over the moors due the incidence of
Foot & Mouth.
I reassured him that we had no such intention.

;-)
--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply
Graham Seed
2016-06-04 08:23:26 UTC
Post by Gordon H
Post by Graham Seed
Post by Gordon H
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)
Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)
Graham
I remember those years, restricted paths in the Yorkshire Dales...
20 plus years ago I took my wife for a drive from East Mancs up to the
Snake pass, but it started raining, then it turned to snow, then it
became a white-out and I decided that we would not pass the summit, and
pulled over to stare into the white void. A Park Warden landrover was
parked a few yards away, and he fought through the blizzard and
anxiously warned us against walking over the moors due the incidence of
Foot & Mouth.
I reassured him that we had no such intention.
;-)
Lol! You wonder if they had a Ranger on every possible access point.
Hope he had a flask of coffee...