Merry Christmas
Graham Seed
2016-12-23 21:30:53 UTC
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

Graham
Nick Maclaren
2016-12-23 23:54:06 UTC
Post by Graham Seed
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.
We won't, but are heading for an extended holiday in NZ in the New
Year, and hope to get some in there! I have been scrubbing boots
and walking poles .... Happy hiking, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Ted Ferenc
2016-12-24 10:34:44 UTC
Post by Graham Seed
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.
Graham
Best wishes from a lurker, we do have a canal/pub walk planned for after
Christmas, I hope everyone has at least one short walk planned.

Ted Ferenc
dave
2016-12-24 11:07:57 UTC
Best wishes from a lurker.
+1
Dave
Tim Jackson
2016-12-24 12:36:45 UTC
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:07:57 +0000, dave wrote...
Best wishes from a lurker.
+1
+2. I think we're all lurkers these days. :-(
--
Tim Jackson
***@timjackson.invalid
(Change '.invalid' to '.plus.com' to reply direct)
Roger Chapman
2016-12-25 20:46:00 UTC
Post by Graham Seed
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.
Graham
Merry Xmas all, and best wishes for the new year.

Well I got in a short walk before Xmas dinner, almost 2 miles of it on
an almost flat pavement.

I have done a few more walks this year than the previous two but
exhaustion sets in almost as soon as I start so I have not managed more
than 10 miles or 2500 feet of ascent on any one day this year and some
times considerably less. Having at long last completed the Birketts
there is even less of an imperative to go hill walking.

Not even much of a lurker either since I only look in about every three
months. Shame but I think our time has effectively ended.
Roger Chapman
Nige Danton
2016-12-26 20:22:25 UTC
Post by Graham Seed
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.
another lurker here. I'll be walking in the Sierra Bernia mountains.
Compliments of the season to all.
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
n***@loampitsfarm.co.uk
2016-12-27 23:42:24 UTC
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 20:46:00 +0000, Roger Chapman
Post by Roger Chapman
Shame but I think our time has effectively ended.
I didn't hear the fat lady.

Interestingly my father in law actually heard her when sailing out of
some south american port.

I did some walks in the Ogwen valley with the dog, one around electric
mountain and revisited Cadair Idris, I was the backmarker going up,
breathless and agonising descents with the knees but all good fun in
retrospect.

Best wishes all lurking.

AJH

PS an earwig tune is one that stays in the head repeating itself. one
of mine is from a lady poster here about a group of soldiers, it has a
sudden stop, anyone know it?

Bob Mannix
2016-12-26 21:53:15 UTC
Hoping to get back to walking when wife's heart permits but a Happy New Year to all walkers, lurking or not.

A.N.Other Lurker